The Depew Union Free School District has a total enrollment of over 2,500 students and an organizational staff of 380. The district is comprised of one elementary school (K-5), one middle school (6-8) and a comprehensive high school (9-12).
The district features:
- A strong academic program in all areas, as well as instruction in music, art and physical education for all students;
- Advanced placement and honors courses;
- Universal, New York State funded pre-kindergarten program;
- Outstanding technology infrastructure which includes over 1000 computers for student and teacher use;
- Internet access in all classrooms and libraries;
- A very active and strong Parent-Teacher Organization;
- An award-winning comprehensive music program;
- An outstanding athletic program, including several league championships;
- An extensive program of after-school, co-curricular and extra-curricular programs for all levels;
The district consistently sends over 90% of its graduates to post-secondary institutions. The middle school has been recognized by the State Education Department as a leader in middle level education. Cayuga Heights Elementary students ranked in the top five school districts in Erie and Niagara Counties on the ELA4 assessment. The high school is implementing innovative programs in Business and Technology such as "Project Lead the Way". The Depew Union Free School District is proud of the progress we have made in implementing the standards and helping our students prepare for life in the 21st Century.