Depew High School Counseling Department
Things to Know
Class of 2019 - Seniors
Parents of Seniors - Sign up to get scholarship applications and financial aid information emailed to you from the DHS guidance office. Don't let your college student miss out on applying for scholarships!
Class of 2020 - What should I do Junior year?
Class of 2021 - What should I do Sophomore year?
Erie 1 BOCES Programs for Grades 10, 11 and 12: Students may enroll in any of the Career & Tech Ed programs available at either the Harkness or Potter Rd Centers. Contact your counselor or read the E1B website.
Our Mission: as certified school counselors we provide the opportunity for all students to develop educational, social, career and personal strengths, through counseling, consultation, coordination and collaboration within a developmental guidance and counseling program by providing:
- Educational Planning: Annual Reviews, Course Selections, Graduation Requirements, Curriculum Choices, Alternative Programs, BOCES Placement, Student Orientation
- College Planning: College Selection, College Applications, College Recommendations, Parent Workshops, Financial Aid Workshops
- Personal Counseling: Individual/Group, Crisis Intervention, Vocational, Educational
- Career Planning: Career Speakers, Internships, Job Shadowing, Career Fair
- Testing: Academic, Vocational
- Committee Participation: Child Study Team, AIS Committee, Character Education