Principal Message 2020
Dear Depew High School Families,
I hope this letter finds you and all your loved ones safe and healthy. As it has certainly been a very interesting summer in regards to schools and their reopening plans, I wanted to take moment to share some important dates that will occur in the very near future.
- The first day of attendance for students in the hybrid model will be September 9th.
- There will be two weeks of a "soft opening" 9/9 -9/18.
- Students in the hybrid model with last names A-L will attend school on 9/9, 9/11, 9/15 and 9/17.
- Students in the hybrid model with last names M-Z will attend school on 9/10, 9/14, 9/16 and 9/18.
- During this "soft opening" time, our staff and students will focus on safety protocols and procedures, building relationships, establishing flows of communication and instruction, technology access and training, and a host ofother activities as we all get re-acclimated with school.
- The first day of academic instruction for both our hybrid and remote learners will be September 21st.
As these last six months have been a trying and awkward time for everyone, I have spent a great deal of time reflecting and truly realize how lucky and proud I am to be a part of the Wildcat Tradition. Being a principal in Depew affords me the opportunity to work with the most caring, most understanding and nicest kids around. I am blessed to serve families and a community that has unwavering support and pride for its schools. I am fortunate to work with a faculty and staff that has the best interests of students at the forefront of all decisions. We are a small school, but that allows for us to have a family atmosphere and know all of our students personally so we can best support them.
So as we all prepare to begin the next school year, I wanted to take a moment to share my gratitude and highlight how wonderful all of you are. As many of you have heard me say this before, thank you for letting me be your principal.
Enclosed you will find: entrance and exit procedures, map of traffic flow, bus pass (if applicable), student schedule, and ESSA recruitment letter (for juniors and seniors only).
In addition, please know that we will not be able to host our Open House on September 16th ,
James Lupini, Executive Principal
Additional information regarding our COVID-19 Health and Safety Reopening Plan can be found on our district website at www.depewschools.org
"Inspiring, Challenging, Achieving"